Wednesday, September 26, 2012

June 13,1325 Tangier


I left Tangier, where I was born, at the age of 22 on Thursday, June 14, 1325 (Document A).  My goal was to go on the journey to the Holy House and the Tomb of the Prophet. I went on the journey with no one. This meant there was no one to motivate and help me conquer my journey.  The only regrets I had on this trip were that I could not see my parents.  I would have to part from them, making all of us sorrow about this trip. After reaching the city of Tilimsan, who’s leader was Abu Tashifin, I was noted that the two ambassadors of the Sultan of Tunis had left the city on the same day that I arrived. One of the brethren having advised me to accompany them. I consulted the will of God in this matter, and after a stay of three days in the city to procure all that I needed, I rode after them with all speed (Document A). I overtook them at the town of Miliana, where we stayed ten days, as both of the ambassadors became ill with the heat blazing down. One of them died after 3 nights by a steam by Miliana. That is when I separated from my group. I had now joined a company of merchants from Tunis to continue my journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment